Smooth toroid

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Coilers,

Has anyone on the list done actual measurements or analysis of
smooth versus "rough" surfaced toroids?  I spent about an hour
earlier today applying thin aluminum foil tape over my dryer
duct toroids and I was amazed at the effect that it had on the
number and size of the streamers.   I am now getting fewer but
much longer simultaneous streamers than I did with the original
"rough" toroids.