Re: nst .....one or two

Hi Steve(?),

At 03:03 AM 11/17/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>hello all..can someone tell me how to wire up two 15000
>30ma nst's in simple terms drawn out if possable.

You hook them up in parallel.  The AC wires are hooked together and the
outputs are hooked together.  Well that is clear as mud :-)  Here is a picture.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/2-nst.gif

Basically you just wire up the AC side to both NSTs and then hook the
outputs together so they can add their currents.  If there is no output or
it is very weak.  Switch two of the leads on one of the NST's windings.  It
is possible that one terminal will have +15000 volts while the other
terminal will have -15000 volts and they will cancel out.  Switching the
wires to any one of the windings will change the phase so they will add.

This is one of those things that is really easy once you see what is going
on but sort of hard to explain...

>this is
>my first coil but it turned out ok first light was 2'
>arcs from a foil covered 7in sphere now i am using a
>torrid on top of the sphere and getting 3' arcs.

That is great for a first coil :-)

>the pri
>coil is 14 turns [flat] 1/4 refrig copper 4x24 sec wound
>with #22 richard quicks 6' static gap and the geek
>groups five gallon cap, works ok but that extra 15000
>nst
>just sitting there........if someone could help me
>out.......thanks alot, also what is the proper way to
>discharge a cap

Short the leads of the cap with a wire on an insulated stick.  You want an
insulating stick with a conductive tip to short the leads of the cap
without the voltage finding its why back to you.

>how do i post to the list?

Send an e-mail to "tesla-at-pupman-dot-com"  It will be sent to the list in some
odd number of hours after it bounces through the servers and I give it my
blessing ;-)...

Cheers,

	Terry