Re: pulse cap

Well... there IS actually a difference.  Warranty and guaranteed life.  A
used cap of unknown provenance may have quite a few "shots" on it already,
and pulse discharge caps DO have limited life.

FWIW, the rule of thumb for functional surplus (generally unused, but
typically surplus, i.e. someone bought more than they could use, for
whatever reason) at high quality/expensive places (with catalogs, etc.) is
10 cents on the dollar of the new price. They probably buy it at 1 or 2
cents on the dollar (most likely by weight or "carload lot"), and the
difference covers sorting it out, printing a catalog, storing it (the most
expensive part, in my experience), collecting sales tax, etc.

<Robynsaddiction-at-aol-dot-com>