RE: Some Construction Questions

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

>1) When talking about the distance between turns in the primary, is it
>between the center of the tubing, or between the outer edge of the
tubing?

You can measure it any way you choose, as long as you make it clear how
YOU are measuring the distance.  If you are following someone else's
specs, you'll need to understand how THEY are measuring it.  There is no
"standard" way.

>2) When one is winding the secondary, how do you ensure the wire is
>intitally lined up "straight" (ie, parallel to the the curvature of the
>pipe), so it is not all angled when winding it?

Take a sheet of paper with at least one straight edge somewhat longer
than the circumference of the tube, and wrap it around the tube so that
it overlaps on top of itself.  Then trace the edge of the paper onto the
tube.

>3) What sort of glue do you use to attach the secondary end caps?

I don't recommend using glue.  I always secure the end cap disks with
screws.

>Thanks,
>Patrick

Gary Lau