PVC and oil, mmc enclosures

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Hi all,

I am building an MMC and, as always, have a few questions...

I have heard that filling PVC pipe with oil always leaks. Is this true? Is it
the glue joints that tend to fail, and if so, could epoxy or polyester resin be
used to glue end caps on to prevent this? What about a PVC enclosure flushed
with an inert gas? I would prefer oil for cooling purposes.

I have seen several breadboard style MMCs, and they look hard to replace an
individual cap. Any arrangement ideas out there that allow easy repair?

Thanks!

Jonathan Peakall