Re: Duty Cycle

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Ted, I ran my first coil (6", 15/60) for at least 45 continuous
minutes once I had it tuned. But, by that time, the arcs seemed less
impressive, and I started to open up the gaps. We all know where
things go from there... :) Racing arcs at first, then my rolled caps
died. I realized later what I had been doing wrong: the gaps were so
wide they sometimes didn't fire for a second or two...
Gregory