Seconday with 28awg wire (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:18:30 -0600
From: Patrick Bloofon <transactoid-at-home-dot-com>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Seconday with 28awg wire

I went down to a great surplus store here in Toronto (ActiveSurplus, in case
anyone on the list is from the area). I was hoping for 26 guage, but they
only had a 20 pound spool and that was more than I was willing to spend
(well, my friend actually, heh). So I compromised and decided on a 10 pound
spool of 28guage.

So now I'm a little worried this may have negative effects on my coil. I
have a 4.5" form, and I want to make it a bit longer than the standard
ratio, to prevent arcing. I was thinking 4.5" x 30" but with this finer
wire, will this reduce my output?

Basically, what size should I be looking at for a 4.5" form and 28 guage
wire, keeping in mind I'd like to use more NSTs in the future (just a 15/30
for now)

Thanks,
Patrick