Re: Winding Transformers Answer (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:59:59 -0600 (CST)
From: "[iso-8859-1] manuel font" <teslatechcr-at-yahoo-dot-com>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Winding Transformers Answer

Hi Bob Bozarth. If I understand you well, you want to
get a high voltage from your arc welder transformer.
It is possible, but you need to re-calculate newly the
primary and secundary windings. The arc welder have a
big iron core, with air space in some times. It´s
probable you need to re-calculate the secundary
winding only, and no need to cut the core. Remember
that: with a tester you may determinate what is each
winding; the primary has a lot of ohmic resistance
than the secundary, and in general terms, the primary
is separated in two sections (in that situation, four
wires coming out from the winding) for the connections
at 110-220 voltages. If you need is to obtain a hihg
voltage, you ignore your actual secundary, you must
retire it, and re-wind it. I have some formulas for
that. What you have in mind?  A very powerfull tesla
coil?  Tell me.

Regards, Daniel.