MMC construction, PVC and oil (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:39:23 -0800
From: Jonathan Peakall <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: MMC construction, PVC and oil

Hi all,

I am building an MMC and, as always, have a few questions...

I have heard that filling PVC pipe with oil always leaks. Is this true? Is
it the glue joints that tend to fail, and if so, could epoxy or polyester
resin be used to glue end caps on to prevent this? What about a PVC
enclosure flushed with an inert gas? I would prefer oil for cooling
purposes.

I have seen several breadboard style MMCs, and they look hard to replace
an individual cap. Any arrangement ideas out there that allow easy repair?

Thanks!

Jonathan Peakall