From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 4:25 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 555 timer

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Ok, I've heard a lot about these things, and they seem like an interesting
tool. I want to know more about them. First of all, where can I get one, and
how much do they cost? Second of all, how do they work, and how do you hook
them up? They have 8 pins, correct? or are only 8 used. Is it capacitance or
resistance the determines the timing? I hope to use these to have an
automatic
duty cycle.

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon

PS, anyone reply to my question about 4.5" or 6"  being the best for a
12/60....