Re: Working with G-10

Hi David,

C-10 is sort of a dry rock like material that actually drills, cuts, and
machines very nicely.  It just wears the cutting tools fast but that is
probably not a big problem for just a rotor.  The dust in gnarly so where a
good dust mask and shop vac it and shower/wash cloths  afterwords.  Otherwise
you and everything will smell like G-10 for days...  It makes quite a smell too
that bothers some people especially if they have asthma.

It also likes to heat up cutters since it is an insulator, so turn the cutting
speeds down.  Tungsten carbide blades and your Ti-N bits cut it like butter and
you will not dull them for such limited work.

A 1/2 inch thick G-10 rotor will be indestructible!!

Cheers,

        Terry