Re: TSG with DC?

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/03/01 9:30 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I have found dc coils to be less problems. The rise time of the SG is fast
or high frequency so a simple coil acts to disconect the coil from the po.
wer supply for the moment of firing. I have used a air core coil of 15T
3/4in dia 6in long with sucess. I have used a 15T toroid coil of hi-voltage
wire on a tv deflection coil core with sucess and I am now using a "T"
filter in each leg of the power supply. My "T" filter is a 1k wire wound 25w
resistor (coil) with a csp shunt of 9 ea .0033u capacitors with a 15meg r
across in series, and a tv def coil toriod coil core to the spark gap. I am
trying to minimise RFI from my coils.
    Robert H