Re: what's wrong with my coil?

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Robert,

Have you tried running resonant.  I use a .01uf pulse
cap with my 12/60 NST and TCBOR and get consistant
38-40" sparks and occational strikes out to 43-44
inches.  I have tried running at .02uf with my TCBOR
gap on two separate occations and haven't set any
personal spark records, even with extensive tuning.
Maybe some other people have had more experience
running LTR caps with static gaps, but I haven't heard
much myself.  I know the geek group has static gap LTR
sizes listed on their chart.  It doesn't seem right
that you would be getting smaller arcs than I am even
though I am only running 720va from an unmodified
12/60 regardless of the voltage difference...you
should be getting at least 4 feet, and according the
the equation
1.7 * sq. root input power you should (if everything
is right) max out at 62.46".  I too am working on the
TSG.  Maybe we will both see significant spark length
increases.

-Brett
www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett