Re: transmiting triode in question

Original poster: "vladimiro mazzilli by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mazvla-at-iol.it>

Tesla list ha scritto:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> Hello all,
> I have posted a pic of the 10kw transmitting tube (GU10A) that i am in
> need of info, onto my site.
> see:http://www.fortunecity-dot-com/meltingpot/syria/1210/id26.htm
> At the bottom of the page, and click for full size (sorry about the slow
> If any coilers know anything about this type tube, and especially how
> the water jacket is built and connected, sealed, cooled, i would be very
> grateful.
> It just so happens that i think the "funky" transformers that i
> scrounged will work for both the filament and plate (i'm hoping), but i
> need to be able to cool this "monster".
> Also, If anyone has suggestions as to a good circuit design or coil
> config for this tube, I'm all ears? I would like to try raw AC, and
> johns staccato, maybe switching back and forth? I have a bunch of other
> tubes in case it would be best to drive this with other tubes? This tube
> coil project will be a slow roller, but i'm sure the list will be a big
> part of it's design and setup, so it will be everyone's coil i guess,
> with advice from all. And a 10kw+ tube coil should make some interesting
> display, length of discharge,, i couldn't even hazard a guess, but i got
> 7" from 400 watts from my vt-127a's.
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc M.

I've tried to send you some photos but the mail administator returned it to
me cause the lenght of
files 300k or so.

Vladi

Hi Terry  I've found in an old book this photos with a triode similar to
the Marc one it has a heatsink with an adjustable clamp  to fix with the
triode body. In  www.pupman-dot-com/current/vladi2 you can see in the last
pictures a GU39 that has approximatively the same body form but the
copper heatsink is soldered solidly. The tube in question is a 15kW
output tetrode in forced air operation.
If this photos could be interesting, i'll be happy.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tube1.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tube2.JPG

Sincerely

Vladi