a few questions about secondary construction

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

I just got my 9" by 30" spun aluminum toroid, and am considering
rebuilding my coil to do it justice.  My current coil (dead by capacitor
failure) has a 6.5" by 27.5" secondary, 1000 turns of 22 awg, and is