Rotory Spark Gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

I was wondering if any one thinks a motor just under 1/6hp could run a decent
rotory gap? I want to use it with two MOT's in series since the voltage of
around 4000v would be too low for most static gaps. The rotor will be 3 1/2"
diameter with 2, 4, and 8 as the possible electrodes(depending on what works
best.) I might use a 4" rotor. My other options are a bigger motor and
rotor(won't cost much since my Grandfather's got a few 1/2hp 1725rpm motors
but they are just a lot bigger. My other choice is a blown, magnet quenched,
double static gap. I'm going to put a few old pics of my coil when it had
bottle caps and a two gap static gap onto a page soon.

Mark