Re: MMC

You didn't out-do the Geeks, we rule the internet :) and Microwave caps
don't work well for Tesla Coil use. They're lossy (frequently Mylar) and
don't live very long. Geek Group MMC caps are designed for the harsh abuse
of a coil, and even heal themselves a few times if you overvolt them too far
(like above the 200% safety factor they have been tested to). There ARE
other sources for caps. You can buy commercial RF-Pulse caps, but they cost
about the same and you only get one chance, if you kill it, you're done.
They can never be fixed. MMCs however, if you do fry one, can usually be
fixed for under $5 :)

I personally believe in the Cornell Dubilier MMC caps that The Geek Group is
selling so much, that I am in the process of doing something that no cap
manufacturer/distributor on Earth will do. The Group is (within the next few
weeks) going to guarentee it's caps. This will be a retroactive guarentee to
everyone who has already bought a Group MMC cap and also for future sales.
It will basically be something along the lines of "If you buy your MMC caps
from the Group, hook them up in a properly designed manner and run them
within reasonable limits (their design specs) and they fail, we'll send ya
new ones in exchange for the old ones (we autopsy the old ones to see how
you killed it).

What do you guys think of this? Ideas? Thoughts?

Duck
Geek-1