Re: sparks running down secondary - why?

Original poster: "Paul Arrowsmith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <p_t_arrowsmith-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Sound like the primary and secondary are over coupled causing excessive
mutual inductance, try raising the secondary to make greater separation to
the primary turns lowering the coefficient of coupling.

Paul A