Re: MOT, and doubler

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

My house has 20amp fuses. It is an old house. I was trying it with a jacob's
ladder, not enough voltage though. I was using a coathanger on the end of a
pvc rod to start the arc a little higher up on the ladder. The MOT gets warm
to hot after a minute, but seems ok. Unfortunatly after I finished playing
around and turned off the power off, I picked the rod up by the coathanger,
ouch. It was just this morning but doesn't hurt any more. I'm most happy to
have found this transformer. Tomarrow night everyone puts garbage out for
pick up so I might find another MOT. When I put two in series do they have to
be identical or not?

Mark