Re: MOT, and doubler

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <flyboxboy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Mark,

I have played around with MOTs. They are very small compared to NST's but
they pack a whalloping punch. I have run one MOT unballasted for about
10sec. before it tripped a 15A breaker. I was running it on a JL. It pitted
the coat hanger leads very badly on the fist two runs. On the third run the
arc got stuck and melted the led in half.(each time i wanted to make a run
with it I had to reset the breaker. I recommend to build a control box that
has all sorts of switches and breakers in it. Put in breakers that are rated
5A below the mains breakers so  you don't have to fumble around in the dark
for the mains. This way it trips the box and not the mains, did I confuse
you yet?)]

My $.02

Matt Shayka
Geek#1127 G-1