Re: Regulated Magnet Wire, complete case file

>Original poster: "Steve White by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><slwhite-at-zeus.ia-dot-net>
>
>This sounds like an urban legend to me. Note the lack of detail (names,
>dates, places). Pure bunk.

No, didn't think it would be this big a deal.

Here's the details so far (I haven't been back to the shop yet today).

I, Chris Boden (Geek# 1), while working for The Geek Group on Monday, May
21, 2001, at 1230hrs did enter Norms Electric Motor Repair, on Walbridge, in
downtown Kalamazoo MI (phone number and address will be supplied on
request), while in the company of Ben Wright (Geek# 1073) on our way to the
Sigam-6 labs in Geekmobile Unit-3.

We had heard of the motor shop through a friend of ours (And Group sponsor)
Curt G., owner of Artwear Appearal (they print our shirts and have their
shop located on Walbridge, halfway between sigma-6 (2 blocks north) and
Norms Electric Motor (3 blocks south).

We entered the shop through the rear entrance, I was on point, Ben behind,
and were greeted warmly by Dan. Dan is a mid-30s, 6'+ blonde of about
200lbs. Competant in his field, and a very nice guy. Dan appears to be the
2nd in command as he gave orders to several other subordinates while the
owner (Terry) was on lunch.

Dan gave Ben and Myself the basic tour, including the rewind areas, storage,
and the second floor storage, shipping, and the offices where we were
greeted by a receptionist.

Dan mentioned (while we were standing in front of the wire spool storage)
that a high-school kid whome he did not know had used magnet wire as the
electrical connection between an explosive device and it's detonator because
of it's ease in hiding the wire. This was at 1240hrs and in the presence of
Ben and myself.

On the second floor we found large amounts of what could be
considered....junk, as well as over 300 electric motors, some weiging over a
ton. We also found, on the 3rd shelf, along the east wall, in the center, a
large, grey mid-60's vintage Occiliscope that I hope to retrieve today.
ou see my post going out to the list :) You can tell I used to be in law
enforcement, I type a GREAT report
We proceeded downstairs and were greeted by Terry, the owner. Terry is a
mid-40's/50's (darn old), 5'10, and stout, bearded man who hasn't missed
lunch in a while. He was kind, but appeared preoccupied.
While standing just inside from the rain at 1300 Terry related to me the
difficulties in obtaining magnet wire because of possible regulation and
conformed the story of Dan told not 15 minutes before. They most likely
heard it from the same source.

At 1320hrs we left the scene in Geek-3 and drive to Sigma-6 to open shop for
the day. We have not been back since, but plan to meet there this afternoon
for more recon and to beg for the scope.

Report by Christopher "Duck" Boden (Geek-1)
5-23-01 1155hrs

Christopher A. Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group