Frequecy counter, measuring 2ndary output

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Howdy all,

I was given a Sabtronics (ancient) frequency counter the other day, and
am wondering how I can use this to measure my secondary output
frequency. It is rated for 150v RMS, and so if I used two HV probes in
series, and my voltage is somewhere around 250kv, that should be reduced
to 25v, as both are 100:1 probes. If I just lay the probes somewhere out
of direct strike range, should I be able to measure my secondary output
without destroying the frequency counter?

What type of equipment is needed to determine the BPS of my tank? I was
also given a 1956 Heathkit 'scope, which lights up, but I haven't
checked yet. Can I use either it or the frequency counter?

TIA,

Jonathan Peakall