re: Re my Fanciful Spark-augmenter

Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 6:31 PM
Subject: Re my Fanciful Spark-augmenter

> Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

> Overnight I re-thought that notion & am asking Terry to replace tcbigspk
> on  http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/ with a revised version.  Still think
> there might be some merit in the idea.
>
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tcbigspk1.pcx
> http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tcbigspk1.gif
>
> Comments?...
>
> Ken Herrick

Hi Ken,  My comments:

I just looked at your circuit (the gif) and wondered how C gets its initial
charge for the required 1/2V^2C energy. . Unless I am missing something, the
spark gap and capacitor (C) appear to be shorted out by the spiral coil as
far as 60Hz or DC or whatever is used to power them.

Chuck