Re: An easier way to revive an NST?

Hi Garry,

I think Gary Weaver (?) used to recommend simply heating the NST tar till it
was molten and then letting it recool to fill up such cracks.  He did this with
his NSTs and always got excellent life from them.  The fact the many
manufacturers are trying other things besides tar also suggests that cracking
is a big problem.  I guess the only reason they use tar is because it usually
works and it is really cheap.

I think some people have also tried adding oil to the hot tar to help it stay
softer and also avoid cracking.

So it sounds like you are on the right track here.

Cheers,

        Terry