Re: what happens if i use a marx cap arrangement on a TC?

> I have to agree with duck. I went to that museum in Germany (the name
> escapes me) where they have that huge marx generator.

Deutsches Museum, Munich....  They also have a very impressive Jacob's
Ladder (60 kV -at- 2 Amps, as I recall.. 120 kW will definitely make the lights
dim..)
 (http://www.deutsches-museum.de/mum/video/e_vid03.htm)

 The idea of using
> something like that without prior experience makes me frightened and also
> makes me feel the ned to change my pants! If you get it working though
post
> some pics!!!!
>
> Have fun but be careful!!!
> Jason

I might also mention that a Marx bank will generate pulses that will
definitely cook electronic equipment.  It is MUCH nastier than a TC in my
experience.  Nothing like very fast HV High current pulses with long ground
paths to EMP stuff into oblivion.