Re: Experiments \ Fun with TC's

Original poster: "albert hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi all.  I just love it when AOL sends me a new version of their service
on a CD.  I stick em on the top of the Tesla and watch the fireworks!
Love that show!  I have never had a CD create any problems with flaking
onto the secondary.  Even if there were some flakes, my coil did not
care!  It just blasted them out of the way!  I never had any problems
with blasting a CD atop my Tesla and rather look forward to the show!
The best one was when we arranged three CD's in a triangular formation
with a beer can in the center as a topload, wow!  Good show!
 Al.
On Tue, 15 May 2001 20:17:03 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Hans Scholze by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hanscs-at-eagle.ptialaska-dot-net>
>
> Yes, a CD on a Tesla coil is rather cool, but I would not recommend
> it.
> When I tried it, the arc blasted all of the metal off the CD.  The
> tiny
> flakes of metal floated down and electrostatically stuck to my
> secondary,
> causing corona and small arcs.  I very quickly unplugged it so there
> was no
> damage, but my secondary probably would have arced over if I had
> left it
> running.  Not to mention the flakes stick to everything else  and
> cause
> quite a mess.  I recommend stuffed animals as a substitute.  Just be
> ready
> with a fire extinguisher :-)
>
> Hans

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!