RE: Repost: NST VA Rating and Power Factor

>Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><deano-at-corridor-dot-net>
>
>Hi Bill,
>
>Why don't you just hook the primaries of the 120V NSTs in series so you can
>use the full 240V? You can still parallel the secondaries together to get
>the higher current.
>
>later
>
>deano
> >
> > I want to use multiple american trannies on a 240 line (we have them
> > here in the US, for things like electric stoves and elctric clothes
> > dryers), stepped down to 120, for the sole purpose of being able to
> > parallel three or four 15/60's (I have three now, looking for fourth)
> > without tripping breakers.
> >
> > > Good luck, sorry aobut the l8ness of my reply
> > > Jason
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bill

VERY simple solution.

1. Learn and love the concept of a safety gap.
2. Use your variac at the regular setting, but only turn it a MAXIMUM of
halfway up :)

This is what I'm currently doing on the Sam coil and it's wonderful.

Connect your 240 hot leads to terminals 1 and 2
Connect your output to terminals 1 and 3

you're set :)

Duck (Geek-1)