Re: VTTC - optimal primary coil

Herwig,

When I used a low impedance tank, my tubes got too red.
When I used a too-high impedance tank, my sparks were
short.  But when I used a suitable (medium) impedance tank,
then the sparks were longest, and the tubes were not too red.
I don't know why my results differed from yours.  I am using
triodes however.

I didn't see much effect when I changed the coupling.

John Freau