Re: Brass that isn't brass

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>
> >
> > Tesla list wrote:
> > >
> > > If you can find them at a flea market or yard sale, do so because the
> > > 1" solid brass ball ones cost me $9.00 each (new).
> >
> > This place:
> >
> > http://www.grandbrass-dot-com/catalog.html
> >
> > has 1" solid brass balls, drilled and tapped, at $1.85, or $1.05 for 10
> > or more.  They have various other sizes.
> >
> > The page with the brass balls is here:
> >
> > http://209.15.135.3/eocs/gbrass/template.cfm?STARTROW=1&CAT=BRASS_BALL
> >
> >         - Bill
>
>         Those balls look neat.  Have you ordered any and it so, what is the
> minimum order?  Too lazy to phone them, and besides would like to hear
> someone else's experience first.
>
> Ed

I haven't ordered, but I did speak with them last December.  I don't
remember exactly, but I don't think they have any appreciable minimum
order - I think I asked about buying 10 of the 1" ($10.50), and they
were fine with that.  They're a store, not a manufacturer (like
http://www.libertybrass-dot-com/brballs.htm , which only sells in quantity).

	- Bill