[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Bombarder transformers

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

There's a picture and price list here:


	- Bill

Tesla list wrote:
> Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Jake Draper by way of Terry Fritz
> ><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cybermecium2-at-home-dot-com>
> > What exactly are these bombarding transformers used for?
>         Bombarding....
>         8)>>
> > I notice that a lot of neon sign websites sell them but you have to
> > have a LOT of neon to use on a transformer like that. So what are
> > they used for exactly?
>         One step in manufacture of neon (or any gas discharge)
>         tube involves pulling a willful arc to 'condition'
>         (clean?) the electrodes.  This is done at reduced, but non
>         zero air pressure, IIR.  The bombarder transformers are
>         designed for this particular job.  (I've a book on neon
>         sign tech around somewhere, if pressed...)
>         best
>         dwp