Re: Field Mill Voltmeter

Original poster: "Charles Brush by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cfbrush-at-rcn-dot-com>

Hi,

I saw your message on the Tesla discussion list.  Here is link with
an article and some schematics that should answer your questions:

http://www.sciam-dot-com/1999/0799issue/0799amsci.html

I've been on the lookout for some field mill parts for a while now
but have never seen any.  I think it would be fascinating to use a
field mill to monitor cloud charge during thunderstorms.  The link
above has plans for the mechanical parts, but somehow the idea of cut
up pie pans spinning several thousand RPM inside a metal trash can
does not seem ideal.  If your source has any extra parts, or if you
end up with any you would like to sell, I would certainly be
interested.

Regards,

Charles Brush