Re: Tesla Coil Blunders

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi John,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>

> Bart -
>
> It appears that there are two TC secondary circuit resonant frequencies
> depending on whether the TC is operating at high voltage and high current or
> not. This is important for a TC computer program because the program
> calculates the number of turns for the primary coil. With two resonant
> frequencies which primary turns should be calculated by the program?

At this point in time, I think the low V and I (higher F) should be used.
As you mention below, it's not a big
deal. I dont' think were ready yet for a high voltage and current Fr in a
program. There are a lot of variables
that will come into play. Possibly a fudge factor could be used now to ball
park the number. I think more needs
to be understood in the realm of full proximity effects (all
internal/external objects) and how this effects R.

E-Tesla 6 is the route for this at this time. I was starting to go through
the code last week (E-Tesla 6) but
got sidetracked. It would be good to merge Fr from this distribution
profile into our programs. This will help
identify some of the ghosts as more users build coils. But I personally
need to figure out the method used in
E-Tesla 6.

Take care,
Bart