Re: Tesla Coil Blunders

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

<Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

> John, Matt,
>
> The DC resistance of my bipolar coil is
> 250 Ohms. The resistance mesaured by the B-K bridge at 1 kc is 270 Ohms. What
> resistance is this? If it's not X sub L at 1 kc, how can I calculate it?
>
> Happy day,
> Ralph Zekelman

	How can you calculate what? What do you mean by "it"? The bridge gives
you the effective series resistance of the coil as well as the
inductance.  Xl is the reactive component of the inductor impedance and
is equal to 2*pi*f*L.
The impedance of the coil is the square root of the sums of resistance
and reactance.)  By way, that agreement betwenn 1 kHz measurement and DC
measurement is very good indeed.

Ed