Re: Rewinding BIG transformer

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> >Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz
> ><twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >Yesterday I got back from a state surplus auction that had equipment from
> >around lower Michigan.
>
> Where at? Are you local to Kalamazoo?
>
> I managed to score a huge transformer for cheap (50
> >bucks!) there too. The transformer as it sits is good for stepping 2400
> >delta
> >down to 480 delta at 112.5 KVA (no thats not a typo). This thing is huge!
>
> Snipp:
>
> Ok, we have access to over a half dozen of these, they have to be about 5'
> tall and the usual Barrell shape. BIG ratings, possible PCB. Is it simply a
> matter of picking the core and puuling off a specific number of primary
> windings?

	The primary turns per volt must remain the same. If you are going to
use the same primary voltage the only thing you have to work with is the
number of secondary turns.  I'd go buy another transformer and figure
out how to dump this one.

Ed