Re: liberating pigs-Part 2

Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

Ok, here we go.....

Don't worry that much, I'm aware (REALLY aware) of the angle of that
learning curve...
The pig comes into play at my neighbors prompting..
It runs like this.
The Guy across the street from me(Darren) is a retired Snohomish PUD
lineman. He's currently running a twin N.S.T coil out of his yard (6"
secondary, 15Kv by 120Ma, and he's the reason I'm here(yeah, parents love
this man...)  He and I just started looking into a "big" TC, powered by a
small to medium pole pig.  I'm not talking about 18-25Kv here, Just the
"little" 11-14.4 range.  With our combined stupidity rating, we should do
ok.

I, on the other hand, have done the following as MY learning curve..

1st coil: POS. Good days were when It didn't smoke....
Got most of the info for that one out of older books.  It did introduce me
to my neighbor(s), though...

2nd coil:  2" by 24" secondary, 6000Kv 15Ma NST, worked ok... 5" sparks.....

3rd coil: currently under construction after blowing out the poly cap on
the 2nd one and figuring that "if more is less, just think how much more
more is..."
So far, 4.5" by 36" secondary with 779 turns AWG 22 mag wire, 12Kv 30Ma
NST(can run a 6Kv 60Ma NST thats sitting around in the garage..), (2)
1.0mu-F caps 6Kv for 0.5mu-F 12Kv, 19 turn Primary -at-1/4" thin wall refer
pipe..

plus a litz wire secondary on the drawing board.

I had the gloves checked, and I sure would rather have them than do it
withbare hands!

The meter tops out -at- 1262v or around there.

Bang stick is a piece of thick wall fiberglass off of a trimming saw(used
to cut high tree branches without a ladder) says on the handle that its
non-conducting, but I tested it just to make sure.  Got a 1" by 4" piece
ofcopper stock on the end of it.  My rule of thumb: Poke EVERYTHING! :)
Sooo, yes, I am a complete idiot.. (but you knew that..)
no, I will not kill myself.
The pig coil is just on the drawing board at this point(looking into
sources..)
Believe it or not, I have NOT gotten flamed yet (on or off the list)!!
thank god.  (volunteers??)

I don't mean to be an idiot, I was just born this way... heh

Thanks for the heads up, but Im hoping that my neighborly mentor will help
me not die through shock...

:)
Erik

p.s.
Chris, you need a box O' old comp parts?  HD's, SCSI cable, etc??

http://www.MyOwnEmail-dot-com