Re: Safe handling of Capacitors

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Jim DeLillo by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimdel-at-bellatlantic-dot-net>
> >
> > Wouldn't a length of small diam PVC pipe work?
>
>         From what I've observed over the years, the "traditional" way to
> discharge capacitors is with the shaft of a screwdriver, preferably with
> insulated handle.  If there's enough charge in the capacitor the result
> is nice little craters in the screwdriver!  Don't know if anyone has
> gotten zapped doing this, but it could be risky if one carelessly got
> across the HV.
>
> Ed

Hi Ed, All......

hehehe   Ed All  Et.Al ..   never mind me ....

I also once was a user of the old trusty screwdriver .... untill it got
welded to the contacts
of the cap, now i use frayed wired. If it pops, the wires blow away instead
of welding
themselves to the contacts of the cap.

Scot D