Re: Certain s.s. phenomena; to J.F. et al

In a message dated 3/19/01 9:15:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Could this simply be due to the fact that opposites attract? I would
believe
>  that since the topload is at one polarity at any given time, that the
sparks

>  would be the same polarity as each other (and the topload) and would
>  therefore repel each other. Comments?
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Josh Hunsaker

Josh,

That's what I was implying in mentioning the electrostatics.

It's all quite fascinating.  The spark growth characterics subject
is one of the few TC issues which still has a bunch of mysteries
attached.

The work being done lately should help answer some of the
questions.

I think if I was to do my work over again, I would have
done it at slightly lower power levels, just to keep things more
controllable.

John