From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 6:36 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: PVC size(another question)

Original poster: "Robert Hughes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<rfhughes-at-epix-dot-net>

> Mike
 PVC size does matter. Different sizes have different winding lengths,
etc.
Ok...
> 3/4" pvc is WAY too small. Anwyays PVC is probably the cheapest part
you'll
> need for a tesla coil.
I was wondering if a 10 inch winded area would work? and what diameter
toroid would I need, or am i trying to make a twig that puts out little
more than my VCR...
 For the medium sized coil, you'll want to buy between
> 4-8" diameter pvc. I can get 6"x10' pieces for less than 20 bucks!.And
since
> i only use like 2.5' per coil its not all that much.

One other thing, I am about to finish a coil that is 3-4 feet tall and
2inch diameter. will that work?

> -Alan

Mike Hughes