Re: Airtight Coil form

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

The secondary form does not need to be airtight. Mine are just sealed with
hardwood, and that is only to have a convenient method of mounting. Many
folks do not even seal the ends of their coils. The only thing NOT to do is
allow the secondary wire to enter the coil form. Its convenient to drill a
tiny hole to pass the wire through, but this can encourage internal arcing.
I'm sure it has been done, and successfully too, But I prefer not to.

Chris W