Re: streamer

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

> This is very interesting... I've been reading up on the whole spark growth
> thing.

> Something that is somewhat unique to TC's  (as opposed to long gap sparks,
> as used in impulse testing, or lightning) is that they make lots of sparks
> into "space".

	Hmmmm.
	most technical lightning photos show lots of sparks into space.
	These failed leaders simply collapse, when the main stroke
	gets there.  Or am i misreading what's writ here??

	These do not (typically) get seen as the observer is too
	distant, and the eye is swamped by the sin bolt.  Photos
	tell a more detailed story, due to faster shutter speed...

 	best
	dwp