From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 7:56 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Space winding question

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "D.Wightman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<dwightman-at-mmcable-dot-com>

> I was wondering who could answer my question about space wound
secondarys. Lets
> say that you have a 12 inch secondary form, and you wind it with # 18
wire,"non
> space wound" with 1000 turns. The H/D ratio turns out to be 4.5 to 1.
Then lets
> say that you decide to wind another 12 inch "space wound" with 1000
turns, and
> the H/D ratio comes out to 6 to 1. Would the two coils resonate at the
same
> frequency? In other words would the tank circuit see the two coils as
having
> the same characteristics ? I am really stumped on this one.
>                                                                  Thanks
> everyone.

--
> ----------------------------------
>
> "Nature has stored up in the universe infinite energy.
> The eternal recipient and transmitter of this infinite energy is the
ether".
>                                        Nikola Tesla. May 20, 1891.

Hi ...

the frequency is determined by the length of the wire   altho... the self C
of the secondary will
change due to the space between the wire. So im gonna guess that since the
self C changes and in
conjunction with the top load, there should be a slight change in the tune
point on the primary.

Scot D