Re: A primary concern...

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I think thats a great idea. I don't see why it would be detrimental at all.
The only thing that I can think of is that the field would be quite
concentrated towards the bottom of the secondary due to the high number of
turns in a small space, but this shouldn't cause any problems that I can
think of. Probably just depends on how tight you wind it.

Jason Johnson

P.S. Sorry to here about your variacs