Re: Cutting PVC

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<acmnovak-at-msn-dot-com>

> Hello All,
> Although I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, here goes...
> How does one cut PVC squarely without a bandsaw or lathe?
> I've tried a hacksaw, hand wood saw, roto-zip, and table saw all with poor
> results. It's kind of sad that a quasi-experienced coiler doesn't know this,
> but I'd rather be embarrassed to ask then be embarrassed of my coils : þ
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mike Novak

Hi Mike ....

I use heavy paper and wrap a length around the area to be cut. When you
wrap it around the tube
it will form a perfect cut line. Once wrapped, use a marker and mark the
paper/tube. This will
give you a clean line to cut on.   Also, if you are using a table saw,
"roll" the tubing into
the blade while keeping the tube against the T square.

Scot D