Mica (and turning)

Original poster: "ebyng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ebyng-at-netlimit-dot-com>

Hello again.
I found a guy the other day that makes little parts for "something" out of
mica.
Beats me what he uses the stuff for, but he has it in HUGE quantities.
If i stuck a long bit on the lathe, made it round and then drilled out the
center REALLY carefully with a press, would that work as a secondary coil
form??
>From what I know, Its kinda brittle, so it'd probably go smaller than 4in
by 2/3ft....

Would that be better than pvc, or bout the same? or worse???

Thanks

http://www.MyOwnEmail-dot-com