My 1-turn primary s.s. system drawing

Original poster: "Kennan C Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <kcha1-at-juno-dot-com>

I'm posting to http://hot-streamer-dot-com my 4-section pcx-format drawing
for the 1-equivalent-primary-turn configuration of my s.s. system.
Perhaps Terry will be kind enough to add gif equivalents.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tcglp1_a.gif
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tcglp1_b.gif
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tcglp1_c.gif
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Tcglp1_d.gif

I've not gotten to measuring it yet but the aggregate primary current
will likely turn out to be 500-600A during the pulse-bursts.  At that
current, I can't run it continuously at a spark rep-rate higher than
perhaps 5/sec or the MOSFETs get too toasty-warm (they are currently
without more than minimal free-air heat sinks).  That's a current of 47A
or so per MOSFET pair.

The thunder & lightning is noticeably more intense and will be more so
when & if I get around to changing out 1 set of 1000 uF storage cap's for
1800 uF--and perhaps upgrading to better MOSFETs, though that entails
many $$ plus new circuit boards.

More later...

Ken Herrick
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!