Re: SRSG Construction

Hi Rodney,

At 07:52 PM 6/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello fellow coilers!
>
>What is a good measurement technique to determine whether a motor is
>salient pole after milling the flats on the armature?

It is one of those things that just "has to work".  Nothing can go wrong ;-)

You could stick a strobe disk or other quickly made light and dark disk to
the rotor and look at it under florescent light.  The pattern will remain
fixed in place.  Start or stop to motor if you have trouble spotting the
pattern.

>Also, does anyone on
>the list know the breakrate formula for 60hz?

60Hz = 120BPS   ;-))  The peak and valley of a 60Hz sine wave are both
great places to fire.  So double the 60Hz frequency (120BPS) is perfect.

>We are in the process of
>updating our coil during the rainy season here in Florida and are trying a
>few new things :).

Cool!

Cheers,

	Terry