Flyback Xfmr

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all (Sorry I know this is a bit OT)

I recently pulled apart an old telly to get at the flyback transformer. It
is a sony TV transformer with the rectifier and cascade built in. I want to
hook it up to a 12V batttery, an FET and a signal generator, but before I do
that, I need to know which pins are the primary windings, etc. I actually
only want to use 2 pins, (primary winding) because my setup will no employ a
feedback loop. I doubt that anyone has a pinout of this flyback (it would be
great if they do :) so if possible I want to consider other options:

1) Continuity / Resistance. Find the highest resistance pins and connect up
the power supply to them

2) New winding : Wind a new primary onto the ferrite core, but how many
turns?

3) Experiment: trry all the different pin combinations

Pictures are at
http://www.geocities-dot-com/teslamanuk/public_html/projects/flyback/flyback.htm
and feedbaclk would be very much appreciated!!!

I really dont wanna fry the flyback of possible, so I want some professional
opinion first!!!

Thanks,
Jason