Re: More newbie questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Mike!
        I have run twice the power you are contemplating using ordinary lamp
cord wire separated down the middle and pushed through a piece of poly
aquarium air tubing as and extra shield. You can also use solid #10 or #12
wire, which is fairly rigid and bend the wire making physical space around
the wire the HV insulation, or some combination of the two.
Matt D.