Re: Summing up of Async Vs. Sync

Original poster: "Matt Shayka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <flyboxboy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hey all,

This goes to show how really stupid I am:

A sync motor is in synchronized with the mains frequency(duh).
This synchronization makes sure that the electrodes are in position to fire
at the peaks of the AC cylce. This is for the most efficient bang size, and
no overvolting of the caps.

This is so simple. Why didn't I get this before?

How does grinding flats on the shaft or rotor thing make it sync?

Seriously out of tune,
Matt Shayka