Re: SRSG break rate

In a message dated 6/21/01 10:00:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "Steve White by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> slwhite-at-zeus.ia-dot-net>

Steve,

There are two peaks in a full sine wave.  One positive peak and one
negative peak.  100 or 120 bps operation takes advantage of these
peaks.  But the main benefit of 100 or 120 bps is not this, but
rather the way that the sparks grow in the air over successive
bangs.  For a given amount of energy in the caps over time, 120
seems to be more efficient at producing long sparks from the work
I've done.  I found about a 20% benefit from using 120 bps over 240 bps.

  http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html        (click on theory)

Cheers,
John